PLACING AN ORDER
An order is not placed until it is paid for.
We aim to keep pick ups between 11-2pm unless otherwise arranged in advance.
- If you wish curbside, pick up, upon arrival at the store, call us at 905.631.9647, ext. 1 and we will bring your order out for you
- Upon arrival at the store, you may enter the store but we ask that you wait at the door. If the music is playing loudly and we don't notice you immediately, feel free to start dancing and say hello and we'll be right with you!
We do not offer an in-store payment system - therefore everything must be paid online prior to pick up. Email Money Transfers can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you send payment in a different name than the order was placed, please reference your invoice #.
REFUNDS / CANCELLATIONS - Bake Shop & Custom Orders
Wedding policies are outlined in your contract.
Please note that during these times, we are all aware of the potential issues that could arise causing plans to change. Therefore, if you place an order, and situations change that affect your celebration, our policy is:
- Non-Refundable Retainers are Non-Refundable.
- Less than 2 weeks notice; there is no refund.
- Less than 4 weeks notice; If you have paid in full, to convert your payment to an online store credit towards a new date or a future order MINUS your non-refundable retainer portion if you paid one, any out of pocket expenses that have been incurred on your behalf including product prep & time spent directly on your order etc. as well as a $10 administration fee.
- More than 4 weeks notice; If you have paid in full, to convert half your payment to an online store credit towards a new date or a future order MINUS your non-refundable retainer portion if there was one, any out of pocket expenses that have been incurred on your behalf including product prep & time spent directly on your order etc. and a $10 administration fee. The remaining balance being refunded the way it was paid.
- NOTE: Any store credits issued above are valid for 6 months from date of issue.
NON-REFUNDABLE RETAINERS (AKA PROMISE TO PAY)
We accept Non-Refundable Retainers on larger custom orders. The Non-Refundable Retainer is, as it states, not refundable. It is used as a credit towards the balance of your agreed upon cake order, which is to be paid not less than 7 Days prior to your order being due. Please note, we will not begin physical prep work on your order until the final payment has been made so you may be invoiced prior to the 7 days prior mark if we need to start preparations
The job of the Non-Refundable Retainer / what you pay for when you purchase a non-refundable retainer;
- we accept you at your word when you promise to pay us the balance at a specified time on an agreed upon cake.
- we hold your date. This means we turn away any other work that may conflict with your promised order as we've agreed to
- it allows us to spend time beginning the planning and scheduling phase of your order (aka getting excited about your order!).
- is NOT a deposit towards an entirely different order if you decide to significantly reduce or change your order or your event date.
In the event that you must significantly reduce or change your order, prior to your final payment being made, it is at the discretion of MollyCake as to how much will, or will not be carried forward from your non-refundable retainer as a credit. Things that will be taken into consideration are; amount of notice provided, amount of prep work that has already gone towards your original order, how much potential business has been turned away for that date, the general effect of the adjustments on MollyCake.
Please know that we strive to ensure a fair and equitable solution for all parties involved.
We maintain regular contact with the health department and we continue to abide by the strictest COVID protocols in order to keep everyone as safe as we are able to.